Tuesday, July 15, 2008

3 weeks? That's it?


I can't believe I have to go back to work in 3 weeks. I know...poor me. I feel like I just got used to sleeping in, sitting on the couch drinking coffee as long as I want to, maybe taking a shower-maybe not, reading by the pool, staying up past 9 p.m., and just overall relaxing with nothing much to do. This summer was a little better than last summer though....I am glad I was able to take care of my mom and watch her learn to walk again, but I am glad I was able to spend most of my time in my own home. I have found that I am a homebody. I love being at home whether it is by myself or with company.


This week Addie is here. She keeps me busy! Last week she was here for 3 days and then left for a few days with my parents. I was glad to have a little peace and quiet but I did miss her. Gracie didn't though....a whole other story! We have gone to the pool, Target x 3, Chili's, eaten Mexican food, waited out thunderstorms, and watched Facts of Life over and over and over.... Addie has made 2 new friends with Skippyjon and Junie B. They love her and she is obsessed with them. She cuddles with Skippy and he just falls asleep in her arms. Junie on the other hand will not cuddle at all. She only wants to be in your lap on her own terms. Skippy might be making a new home in TN. Addison has (finally) stopped sucking her thumb and as a possible reward she might be taking Skippy home with her. I will miss Skippy but I know that he will be well taken care of---and of course I will get to see him often.


I guess that's it for now....the pool is calling my name!

1 comment:

carrie said...

i'm so out of it-what's going on with your mom?
call or email me.
best,
carrie