Friday, June 20, 2008

Air conditioning-It's a good thing.



I never realized how much I appreciated my air conditioning-until I didn't have it in the middle of June! I spent a week at the beach and then a weekend in TN visiting my family. I was so excited to come back home and sleep in my own bed on Sunday night. I picked up the kittens at Megan's house(thank goodness for kitten sitters!) and headed home. I got all my stuff inside and was sweating. I took a look at the thermostat--it was on 79 and I had left it at 76. I could also hear a loud sound out by the unit outside. I turned it off and opened the windows. I knew it was going to be a long, hot night.


I woke up early on Monday so I could schedule an appointment with the air guys. When I called I was told they couldn't come until FRIDAY!!!! OMG!!!! It was a very long and very hot week. I pretty much sat on the couch under the fan. The kittens were even hot and lazy. Nights were a little better but still hot. I am happy to say the air guy came today and fixed it---luckily the repair was under warranty. The only bad news now is I have no excuses to not vacuum and mop and the other cleaning that needs to be done.

1 comment:

carrie said...

HI April!
How are you, besides cooling down?

Stay in touch, we should get together soon. i added you to my blog roll.
stay in touch!

i like your new kitty. what's her name?