Friday, June 13, 2008

Beach Blues


I just returned from the beach. I went to Panama City Beach with a couple of teacher friends. It is the same place we went last year. We had planned on staying 7 days. We got down there on Saturday and found out the pool wasn't working. Arghhhh!!! I love my pool time! The beach is just across the street so we went there a few times. It was ok, but the red flag was up and there was a lot of seaweed. The condo owner said the pool would be ready Tuesday. Ok...not too bad I guess but still disappointing. On Sunday (probably the best day weather wise) we sat on the back porch in the sun with the water hose....quite a sight I am sure. On Monday the condo owner ( a teacher friend) said we could use her neighbor's pool and knocked $25 off the daily rate. We were good with that---it certainly beat using the water hose!!! By Tuesday the pool was no closer to being ready, and we decided we would just head home on Thursday morning. I have a pool in my neighborhood and it won't cost me $50 a night to sleep in my own bed. Over all the beach getaway was nice and relaxing. We missed the easy pool access--thank goodness for the neighbor's pool! I have some new memories, t-shirt, freckles, and a little tan going. And the condo pool...still not open at last check.

1 comment:

mrs007 said...

Booo to broken pools on Florida vacations!