Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tales from a 2nd grade classroom...

Kevin came back from the bathroom and had a wet spot on his pants. When I asked him what happened he said “The pee got on me”. I asked how did the pee get on you and he said “It folded.” It folded?


Lucy was working on a math sheet and asked me “Is this when we steal?” We had recently learned how to do two digit subtraction with regrouping. I use the term “borrow”. She uses “steal”.


Marco came in one morning and asked “Ms. Bond when are we going to do some potions?”


Peter, a student from a visiting classroom, came in one day and saw my Ipod. He said “Ms. Bond-uh is that a MP3-uh?” Peter has a speech problem and puts “uh” on the end of most words. He has a twin brother Paul who does the same thing. They make me smile every day when I hear “Good morning Ms. Bond-uh.”

Lucy asked me if my parents moved to Texas would I be an orphan? We had just finished watching the movie “Pollyanna” with Hayley Mills in which she played an orphan. I’m not sure what Lucy was really talking about, but I thought it was sweet that she was worried that I might become an orphan.


I overheard Olsen telling Steven “They (adults) know everything. God tells them when we do stuff.” I thought this was so funny. A few hours later Steven did something and I caught him without him knowing he’d been caught and Olsen turned to him and said “See I told you God tells them when we do something wrong.” I love these moments!

*All names have been changed*

No comments: