Thursday, June 5, 2008

Crazy Cat Lady

So I started out with one cat (Gracie) about 7 years ago. I have always been a cat lover and decided I wanted another cat. I got an email from a friend that had 9 kittens from 2 different litters. I saw #6 and knew I wanted her. I went on a Friday night to look at all the kittens. On the way there my SIL started saying "you should get two kittens so they will have each other". I was positive that I only wanted one. Imagine my surprise when I ended up with two kittens! Now I have 3 cats and can be officially called the crazy cat lady! The new kittens (Junie B. Jones and Skippyjon Jones) are doing well. I have had a few nervous breakdowns since they came home. First I was not ready for the cost of taking care of two kittens. Oh well on that one though....at least after the first year the cost shouldn't be too bad.

One cause of my nervousness is Gracie. She is not the most friendly cat. She loves me and that's all that mattered for awhile. She really is a sweet and loving cat...but only with me. She pretty much hates everyone. My sweet niece Addie loves her so much and all Gracie does is growl and hiss at her. Poor Livie hasn't had the pleasure of Gracie as of yet. I have kept the kittens segregated for awhile from Gracie, but I can't do that forever. They have had a couple of "run-ins". Gracie just tends to growl, hiss, and eventually run away. Luckily she sleeps most of the day and doesn't really care. I don't know what will happen at the end of the summer when I go back to work. I guess time will tell....

No comments: