Friday, September 19, 2008

TiVo

So tonight I am sitting at home with nothing to do, and I decide to scroll through my TiVo list. This list would be the "suggestions" list. Normally there are some good things to watch here. But for some reason tonight, my lonely and boring Friday night I might add, there are some odd suggestions: Cheaters, Judge David Young, Family Court with Judge Penny (who is this?), THS Investigates: Serial Killers on the Loose (just what a single girl living alone wants to think about), Judge Karen, Crimes That Shook the World, Love Laughs at Andy Hardy (WTF?), Amarte Es Mi Pecado (I don't speak, read, or listen in Spanish), Judge Alex, Jury Duty, Amarte Es Mi Pecado...again, and The FBI Files.





Do you see the pattern here? Who are all these Judges and why do they have shows??? I know TiVo tries to recognize patterns and find shows that might interest you but come on!!! What exactly does this say about my TV show watching habits? Where is Will & Grace, Friends, Seinfeld, Little House on the Prairie (yep I said..Little House on the Prairie!), Flip This House, The Office!, Flipping Out, Law and Order??? What I would give to see an episode of The Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, Punky Brewster,.....oh those were the days! Maybe this is God's way of telling me to turn the darn TV off and do some school work????




On a lighter note....today we had our "Solids, Liquids, and Gases" celebration to end the unit. This involved ice cream, sprinkles, whip cream, sprite, skittles, and chocolate syrup. The kiddos had to eat first and then tell me what category each item went into right down to the bowls, spoons, cups, and napkins. They did pretty well. The best part was when "Jose" told his reading teacher about our party and said "And we didn't even have to tell her to do it! She thought it up all by herself!" I love my 2nd grade kiddos.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Tivo! and ice cream!

carrie said...

you should see my list...it's all old stuff.
taxi
welcome back kotter
cheers
frasier
mary tyler moore show

i think we are old.

mmmm, i love ice-cream!