Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The View


I have this group of fine ladies (and a gentleman too!) that I dine with every morning during the school year. There is always coffee, sometimes cereal,sometimes bagels, occasionally pancakes (we need another silent auction!) and always, always there are laughs to be had. Everyone is welcome at the view....we never discriminate or refuse entry. We share our stories every morning and even every afternoon. Somehow we became labeled "The View". I'm not really sure where the name came from or who first said it, but it has stuck for the past 3 years. We even have our own seats around the table. And shame on you if you take a "regular's" chair or spot. You might get the evil eye from more than one person. The ladies and gent of the view keep me on track, they make me laugh, smile, cry, determined, and overall happy to be a teacher. Equally they also tell me when to shut up, not to worry, to lick a Xanex, and when to get over things. The topics are always interesting, sometimes perverse, sometimes crazy (thanks T.J.) and mostly just normal. You can be diagnosed by a "doctor" during the view, you can learn new slang at the view, and you can watch YouTube at the view. At the end of the year there is a top 10 list of our funnies....I think this year's list might have a few more than 10 from the way it looks right now....Oh and the most important item you can get from the view--chocolate! The chocolate is usually found in the form of M&M's--peanut and plain....and sometimes dark chocolate! This is just a short list, but you get the idea. We never know what each day is going to bring in our classrooms. Thank goodness we have each other to lean on, laugh with, and even sometimes make fun of (to your face of course)!!! Thanks "view" for every laugh and tear for the past 3 years....I hope we all have many, many more together!

1 comment:

mrs007 said...

I am jealous! I want to come to "the view" I may be able to contribute 'someTING' :)